Timetable and prices
for the visit to the caves of Sare
Open 11 months out of 12 !
Under cover and in 14°C, Caves of Sare can be visited whatever the weather !
ADVICE : In summer and especially on rainy days, visits fill up quickly. Anticipate and don't hesitate to favor visits in the morning morning or end of the day.
Opening hours 2023
Book your tickets online
Reservations for visits dedicated to groups are made by email or by telephone on
+33 5 59 54 21 88.
Visiting departure times :
Please present yourself at the entrance 30 minutes before the departure of your visit in order to collect your tickets.
Opening periods :
Saturday and Sunday, from 1 pm to 5 pm
Saturday and Sunday : from 1 pm to 5 pm
Annual closure from January 8th to February 11, 2024 inclusive.
The megalithic park and the museum close at the same time as the last visit.
The entry price includes from 45min to 1 hour of guided tour as well as access to the site museum and the megalithic park.
Admission is free for residents of Sare, on presentation of proof of address.
- Adult : 10€
- Child (5 to 13 years included) : 6€
- Disabled person : 6,5€Visit of the lower part of the cave. Please contact us the day before your arrival so that we can indicate visiting hours as well as the access conditions to the caves.
- Adolescent (14 to 17 years included) : 8,5€
- Student (with card presentation) : 8,5€
- Family Pass (2 adults and 3 children) : 32€
Groups (15 persons and more) :
- Adult : 8€ / person1 free entrance for the driver and for the escort.
- Teenager (14-17 years) : 6,5€ / person
- Children (less than 14 years) : 5€ / child1 free escort entrance for 8 children.
Reservations for visits dedicated to groups are made by telephone on +33 5 59 54 21 88 or by email.
Buy your tickets
Until the day before your visit :
Book from our website or from surrounding tourist offices.
List of cities concerneds
The day of your visit :
We prefer prior reservations online. Tickets can be purchased on site, at the reception of the caves of Sare, for the same day, if there are still places available.
Online booking is only by credit card.
How to prepare your visit to the caves of Sare ?
Before you come :
- No more queues, choose the day and time of your visit directly by booking online.
- If the chosen tour is not available in english, we suggest that you download a free audioguide on your smartphone to listen to the tour commentaries in english (or Basque / Spanish / English).
On the site of the Caves of Sare :
- Come to reception 30 minutes before the start of your visit.
- Our site museum and the megalithic park are freely accessible before or after your visit.
Please note, these close at the same time as the end of the last guided tour !
- A 1 hour guided tour : After a short presentation of our environment, your guide will take you to the depths of the Lezea cave for a 45-minute experience with sounds and lights.
Tourist Offices which are part of the main Basque Country Tourist Office :
Go to one of the tourist offices in the following towns to buy your tickets to the caves of Sare :
Saint-Jean-de-Luz, Urrugne, Ciboure, Guethary, Arcangues, Espelette, Sare, Ascain, Saint-Pée-sur-Nivelle, Ainhoa, Hasparren, Bidache, La Bastide Clairence, Urt, Saint Etienne de Baigorry, Saint Jean Pied de Port, Saint Palais, Tardets-Sorholus, Mauléon-Licharre.