Links to other interesting websites
We have selected a few useful addresses for you to organise your trip to the Basque Country (in french).
- Nesploria and Gargas caves :
Nesploria and Gargas cave's website.
- Aventure 64! :
You will discover numerous activities thanks to this grouping of sport and leisure professionals in the Basque Country
- The "petit train de la Rhune" of Sare :
Built in 1924, the little cogwheel train climbs to the top of La Rhune.
- "Etxola" animal park in Sare :
Discover many worldwide pet races, very close to the Caves of Sare!
- Marine museum of Biarritz :
Dive into the Bay of Biscay...
- Urtxola : Between the villages of Sare and Zugarramurdi, this This restaurant offers typical food.
- Pikassaria : Phone: +33 (0)5 59 54 21 51
- Olhabidea : Phone: +33 (0)5 59 54 21 85
- Les 3 Fontaines : Phone: +33 (0)5 59 54 20 80
- Le Pullman : The restaurant is located in front of the train station of the Rhune Mountain. It offers several menus and dishes.
Tel.: +33 (0)5 59 54 20 11
- KUPELA : Cider-house in Dantxaria ...
Not to be missed
- Xareta territory :
Transborder territory gathering 4 villages on both sides of the border: Ainhoa and Sare for the French side, Urdax-Urdazubi and Zugarramurdi for the Navarrese side.
- The village of Sare :
Classified among the 152 "most beautiful villages of France", Sare is a typical "labourdin" village...
Organisation of your trip to the Basque Country
- Le Guide du Pays Basque :
Travel Guide (online) about the Basque Country.
- Sites et musées en Pays Basque :
L'association des Sites et Musées en Pays Basque rassemble les 15 principaux sites patrimoniaux, culturels, naturels et touristiques du Pays Basque.
- Oppoca :
Hotel-Restaurant in Ainhoa
- Familiscope :
Directory of the leisures and activities for children in France.
- Coup de coeur Basque :
A website to discover Basque Country.
- Terre et Côte Basques :
Official website of the Pays de Saint-Jean-de-Luz - Hendaye tourist offices
- Hotel Alcyon :
Hotel in Biarritz
- Loretxoa : Phone +33 (0)6 13 65 07 95
- Berrouet : Phone: +33 (0)5 59 54 21 96
- Halty : Phone: +33 (0)5 59 54 24 84
- Antton venta : Phone: 0034 948 599 161
Accommodation and restaurants near the caves
- Camping Oyam :
The four-stars Airotel campsite Oyam is located in Bidart, just south of Biarritz and Saint-Jean-de-Luz.
- Ttakoinenborda : "Ttakoinenborda" remains typical of the seventeenth century welcomes you in charming guest rooms in a green setting near a river and close to the caves of Sare.
- Campings de charme :
The association "Camping de Charme" gathers a selection of campsites two or three stars located in the Basque Country, between the seaside and mountains.
- Camping Ametza :
Camping Ametza, a 4-star campsite, is located in Hendaye, within walking distance from the beach.
- Camping Itsas Mendi :
Camping in St Jean de Luz proposing pitches for tents, caravans or motorhome, and mobile homes.
- Biarritz Travel : Explore the area and book your accommodation in Sare.
- VVF Village de Sare Tel : 05 59 54 20 95 :
200 metres away from Sare, small and authentic Basque village, the holiday club "Omordia" is open from April to October, offering 85 quality flats and animation for the whole family. After a visit to the Caves of Sare, enjoy a wonderful panorama on the Rhune from the restaurant where you will taste delicious local specialities cooked by our Chef!
- Résidence hotelière MAEVA*** :
Located in Ciboure, Socoa and Hendaye, the Résidences de tourisme MAEVA are pleased to welcome you for an unforgettable holiday.
- Résidence Hôtelière du Golf *** :
770 metres away from the town centre, the port and 1 km away from the Bay of Saint Jean de Luz, the Résidence du Golf is an ideal place to spend your holiday. Our flats are fully equipped and facilities include a 200m² heated pool and, 50 metres away, the Golf de la Nivelle.
- Hotel-Trinquet PLEKA : 2 minutes away from the centre of the village of Sare, this former 19th century farm was turned into a hotel and trinquete. Bar and breakfast on the terrace. Ideal starting point to discover the Basque Country.
Tel.: (0)5 59 54 22 06 / email: email@example.com
- Hotel-Restaurant PIKASSARIA : Between the Spanish border and the centre of Sare, house dating from the 18th century in green and peaceful surroundings. Family-run business with sight on mountains and countryside. Traditional cooking.
Tel.: (0)5 59 54 21 51
- Hotel-Restaurant BARATXARTEA : At the foot of the Rhune, emblematic mountain of the Basque Country, in the typical and peaceful area of Ihalar, we will welcome you in our beautiful Basque house with stone walls, for a relaxing holiday during which you will be able to enjoy moments of escape while discovering an authentic country between sea and mountain.
Tel.: (0)5 59 54 20 48 / email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hotel-Restaurant LASTIRY : Hotel with charm located on the village square and which has been completely refurbished. Its restaurant combines simplicity and gastronomy.
Tel.: (0)5 59 54 20 07 / email: email@example.com
- Hotel-Restaurant ARRAYA : Former post-house on the way to Compostelle, this beautiful Basque house dating from 16th century is very comfortable and hospitable. It is one of the best gastronomic restaurants in the Basque Country at the very heart of one of the most beautiful villages of France.
Tel.: (0)5 59 54 20 46 / email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- B&B in Sare : The association "Ongi etorri Saran" offers accommodation in a selection of quality homes labelized "Gites de France".
Websites we find interesting
- Heurocom :
Webmaster of the site.
SARL Heurocom, heritage development using new technologies.
- Anecat :
Anecat association gathers caves, sinkholes or prehistoric sites of France.
- The friends’ association of the basque museum :
It aims at contributing to the increase of collections, to the life and influence of the Basque Museum.
- Bar de LA MAIRIE : Phone: +33 (0)5 59 54 25 19