Direction and Map
Grottes de Sare - Lezea on Google Map
Where to find us?
- In the Labourdin village of Sare, in the Basque Country;
- 10km from "petit train de la Rhune";
- 30min from the Basque coast;
- Against the Navarre border, close to Zugarramurdi.
GPS coordinates :
Sexagesimal degree :
Latitude : 43° 16'' 07' N / Longitude : 1° 34'' 13' O
Decimal degree :
Latitude : 43.268831 / Longitude : -1.570508
How to get to the Caves of Sare :
- By plane : the nearest airport is in Biarritz.
- By train : the nearest SNCF train station is in St Jean de Luz.
- By bus : with the Saint-Jean-de-Luz - Caves of Sare bus line.
There is a shuttle service departing from the bus station of St Jean de Luz, in front of the train station. Depending on the time of year, timetables change. Please contact Hegobus (line 21).
- By car : from highway A63, exit at Bayonne, Biarritz or St Jean de Luz, and then follow the signs to SARE and GROTTES DE SARE.
- By foot : a path crossing Xareta from Ainhoa, Urdax/Urdazubi and Zugarramurdi goes to the caves.
Several car parks stand at your disposal :
- Lezea cave
- Video projection
- Site museum
- Megalithique park
- Desk, Bar and
Restaurant (July / August)