Open 11 months out of 12 !
Under cover and in 14°C, Caves of Sare can be visited whatever the weather !
ADVICE : During the summer and the rainy days especially, the wait is effective. In that case, why not focus on visits in the morning and / or end of the day.
We prefer prior reservations online, from our website or from the offices or website of a tourist office in the department 64.
Opening hours 2020
Saturday and Sunday, from 1 pm to 5 pm*.
Saturday and Sunday : from 1 pm to 5 pm*
Annual closure on January 2th, 2022 (at night).
Book your tickets online
Course of the Visit
Before you come :
You will be able to choose the time of your visit when booking online.
If the chosen tour is not available in your language, we suggest that you download a free audioguide on your smartphone to listen to the tour commentaries in Basque, Spanish, English or French. > More info
On the site of the Caves of Sare :
- Come to reception 30 minutes before the start of your visit.
- Our site museum and the megalithic park are freely accessible before or after your visit.
Please note, these close at the same time as the end of the last guided tour !
- A guide will take care of you for a 1 hour guided tour (15 minutes of video presentation of the site and 45 minutes in the cave).
The entry price includes 1 hour of guided tour as well as access to the site museum and the megalithic park.
- Adult : 9€
- Child (5 to 13 years included) : 5€
- Disabled person : 5,5€Visit of the lower part of the cave. Please contact us the day before your arrival so that we can indicate visiting hours as well as the access conditions to the caves.
- Adolescent (14 to 17 years included) : 7,5€
- Student (with card presentation) : 7,5€
- Family Pass (2 adults and 3 children) : 28€
Groups (15 persons and more) :
- Adult : 7€ / person1 free entrance for the driver and for the escort.
- Teenager (14-17 years) : 5,5€ / person
- Children (less than 14 years) : 4€ / child1 free escort entrance for 8 children.
Payments by Card are preferred.
Bank checks, holiday vouchers (no change for holiday vouchers) and change in Euro or Eusko monney are accepted (be careful, not the Esuko CB, the Sare town hall acts as an exchange office).